Friday, May 9, 2008

My Initial Thoughts...

I had been regretting taking this class. I had heard that it was not just boring, but also a lot of busy work. Two of my friends had taken it previously, and had both complained about the John Dewey book. Also, I am in no way an "outdoorsy" sort of girl, and had had a bad experience in the class of Marine Systems. Needless to say, I was not too thrilled.

However, the moment I walked into class, I could tell that it would not be so bad. What we first did was go out on the trails. Assuming it would be gross and buggy, I braced myself for the worst. It was not bad at all! The trail was very pretty, and I got very excited when I learned we had trees that were native to Australia, where I have dual citizenship. I know this sounds cliche, but I really did learn a lot on the trail.

1 comment:

Sarah Davis said...

Thanks for your open mind about the class! I hope you will enjoy it!