Monday, June 9, 2008

Spending Time Outdoors

Ever since my childhood, I was never very big on the outdoors. My sister had always been the "tomboy", playing street hockey and collecting lizards with the neighborhood boys. I, on the other hand, preferred to spend my time indoors with Barbie and Ken. My dislike for playing outside has still not changed. While I no longer play with Barbies, I continue to have a strong dislike for bugs and the sunshine and sweat.

I know that bugs are a necessity to both our ecosystem as well as the food chain, but I do not understand why they must co-exist so closely! Also, I am not one of those people who can be in the sun for hours and tan. Or burn and then tan. I just burn. It is annoying and painful. I could be wearing SPF 85 and I would still probably get sunburned. Not only that, but I would probably sweat all of that sunblock off anyways! I sweat A LOT. These are the main reasons I do not spend a lot of time outside.

1 comment:

Sarah Davis said...

Good comments. Do you recogize any benefits to the outdoor world?