Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Corkscrew

Corkscrew Swamp was located in a beautiful setting. The grass was a lush Kelly Green that coordinated with the wooden pathway. I was hoping that I would be able to see animals, and to my luck the first thing we saw were deer! They were so adorable! As we continued the path, we learned about the sturdy Brazillian wood that the path was made of, and how they built the pathway with the tree growth in mind. There were randomly grown fruit everywhere. I learned that these were called Pond Apples. They can be eaten, but as I learned from experience, you really don't want to unless you are starving.

There were a lot of Alligator flags, but because of the drought, no alligator. We saw Moon Vines and a lot of other cool plants.

Again, pics will be posted!

No comments: