Sunday, July 6, 2008

State of the World

I really loved the fact that Professor Davis allowed us to do the teaching. I think that it got everyone into it and allowed us to be creative. I felt that each presentation provided a lot of insight and information.

First and foremost, I have to say that I learned a lot about my own presentation. With chapter three, the text discussed Biomimicry. I had never even heard the term until Kimberly researched it and provided a TON of info on the subject. I truly believe that what chapter three was trying to get across was that we need to return to nature. We need to be more connected with it and surround ourselves in it. While the chapter seemed mainly geared at businesses, I believe it speaks to the individual as well.

The second issue I felt made a lasting impression on me was the presentation on meat and fish. While I do not eat seafood of any kind, I realize that this is a huge problem. Fish are very important in our food chain and it would be devastating if something is not done about all of this.

The third presentation that I felt was very well done was the presentation on water conservation. It made a lot of sense and I did not realize just how much water is used!

No comments: